top of page

Cheyenne County Treasurer











Deputy Treasurer:


Office Clerks:


1000 10th Ave.

P.O. Box 217

Sidney, NE 69162-0217




Shelley Bowlin


Marleen Nienhueser


Rebecca Lloyd

Sarah Rockwell

Sheila VonSeggern

Nicole Wright



Real Estate and Personal Property Taxes

Are all due December 31st

Delinquent 1st half May 1st

Delinquent 2nd half September 1st

Interest is charged on May and September first unless the last day of April or August is a Holiday or on the weekend per State Statue 77-204


Tax Statements are mailed in December


Real Estate taxes can be checked online at:




Notice to Investors: Administrative Service Fee

Tax Sale Information

Delinquent Tax List

Tax Sale Registration Form

W-9 Form




Driver License


Nebraska Driver’s License is required after 30 days of continued residence.

Nebraska Driver’s Manuals may be obtained by going online at:


Drivers License Exams

Wednesdays & Thursdays

8:00 AM to 12:00 Noon

12:30 PM to 4:00 PM


When applying for a Nebraska Permit, Driver’s License or State ID Card, you must present documentation of: (1) Identity containing Name and Date of Birth  (2) Principal address in Nebraska (at least two documents are required) (3) Social Security number is also required. A list of acceptable documents is available on the State DMV website:

Fees for Driver’s License and permits on the State DMV website:


Titling & Registration of Vehicles


Motor Vehicles from another state must be licensed with Nebraska plates within thirty days of claiming Nebraska residency.

To obtain plates: 1. Nebraska is a title state. Title and proof of insurance is required to purchase plates. Vehicle must be inspected by the Cheyenne County Sheriff’s Office to verify Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) on out of state titles. Nebraska Driver’s License required before inspection can be done. 2. If there is a lien on the vehicle, contact the Cheyenne County Treasurer’s Office before the 30-day plating requirement. A request will need to be sent to the lien holder to have the title sent to the Cheyenne County Treasurer’s Office. You can get an estimate on the cost to title and license your vehicle at: or call the Treasurer's Office at (308) 254-2733.




A certificate of title is required for motorboats manufactured after November 1, 1972.

Motorboats manufactured prior to 1972 are exempt from titling. Registration is required for all motorboats. A boating guide is available at the Cheyenne County Treasurer’s Office.


The Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles offers many services online. Check their website for services, information, and forms for Drivers License, Titling and Registering your vehicle.


Real Estate & Personal Property Taxes are due April 30, 2024
They will become delinquent on May 1, 2024

bottom of page